Our ethos is based on traditional building skills combined with cutting-edge technology solutions to ensure the perfect project from start to finish. Just ask our customers what they think of our total service package, a package that takes their ideas and translates them into great new living areas to be enjoyed by the family for years to come.
Using an experienced company such as Joseph James means that your project is delivered to your specification, within budget and invariably on time. Your dedicated project manager will ensure that the job, once started, will be progressed to really strict schedules to ensure a timely completion.
Over the years, the team at Joseph James have devised a systematic approach to loft conversions that not only follows the strict guidelines and regulations laid down by the authorities, but also engages with you at all stages of the build to ensure your total satisfaction.
The work will be organised so that you can stay in your house throughout the conversion and you will have direct access to all of the staff involved with the project
Joseph James Loft Conversions – Our Project Process
Loft Conversions are a great way to create extra space in your home that you can use for a study, an office, a playroom even an extra bedroom or bathroom. Provided that the infrastructure is in place, your loft conversion can be used for almost anything.
We use a simple but proven project planning process to throughout the conversion, which follows these basic steps:
- Initial meeting. Our planning team will meet with you to discuss your new conversion and show you some of our recent projects to help you with your choice. To demonstrate our high level of customer satisfaction we will give you the names of some previous customers so you can hear from them first hand about their loft conversion.
- Once you know what you want, we will specify this on a project schedule.
- When you have had time to review the project schedule and you are happy with it an agreement will be signed.
- Our architects will visit you to survey your home and then start work on the architectural drawings, which normally take two weeks to finish from the date of the order.
- We send you the drawings and once you are happy with them, you accept them and we submit them to the local authority on your behalf.
- Once the local authority approves the plans, we will discuss with you the timings of the job.
- It is your responsibility to inform your neighbours that you’re about to start a loft conversion. Notify them about any party wall issues and give them our contact details should they need to discuss any problems they may have.
- We begin work on the site, erecting scaffolding and bringing in the necessary materials. Our site project manager will visit the site on a regular basis to ensure that the project is on schedule and that the work is being carried out to our usual high standard.
- Our project manager will carry out a post-build assessment on your conversion before arranging for the local authority or an accredited private contractor to inspect your new loft and give you a completion certificate. You will also receive a Part P certificate to show that your loft conversion meets all the current electrical regulations.
- You can move the furniture in and begin enjoying your custom designed living space.
Please feel free to call us for an informal chat; we can offer you a no-obligation quote on your conversion needs. Our estimator has many years experience in the building trade and he can identify any potential pitfalls or problems, ultimately saving you money on the project.